This online photograph album not only captures St Wilfrid’s past history, but also illustrates in pictures the difficulties encountered by our forebears. The congregation of St Wilfrid’s today, worship in what is the fourth Church on the present site. Each Church has been larger than its predecessor, built in order to accommodate a growing congregation and with God’s help, coupled with the people’s devotion, it will continue to grow. (Photographs and text from the book created by David Robertson which is located in the Church Porch)
The Parish of St Wilfrid’s began its long journey in a small room above a brewery in Battle Road in 1917, and due to the determination and resilience over the years by both the clergy and the town’s Catholics, it has grown into the strong community that we witness today.